tbd: Worst Ad Placement, Ever.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Worst Ad Placement, Ever.

I was quitely parusing chicken dinner ideas on cooks.com when all of a sudden a vertical banner ad for Lamisil popped into the peripheral vision of my right eyeball. Now you may not recognize Lamisil by name, but I bet most of you are familiar with its advertising. Please see below...



Lamisil has been running print ads like the one above, with a prominently featured, fungally-infected, yellowing toenail and a cartoon-like critter for years now. I think the critter is meant to represent the evil fungus, kind of like Geico and its gecko lizard, only disgusting. But, I have never seen Lamisil ads online. I have to say that placing one on a recipe page of a cooking site- a place where the page paruser is probably focused on the delicious food that she will soon be putting in her body- is really a terrible idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home